6 x 9 inches
I finally finished my journal for keeping notes in this year as I work on the monthly techniques I will be doing along with the “FiberArtFriends” group.
The colors here are fairly true to life.
I am pleased with the way it turned out. I did, however, discover something while making this. You can not felt lutradur. A few months ago I tried coloring the lutradur with some inks. It didn’t turn out as well I as had hoped so I laid it aside. When I started this journal cover I thought perhaps I would use the lutradur on it. I laid it over a piece of felt and then I laid various wool fibers over that and started needle felting by hand. I discovered that the lutradur wouldn’t attach to the felt piece (duh), but the wool fibers held it in place long enough until I could get it stitched. The lutradur did, however, help keep the purple wool fibers from disappearing into the felt. Next I laid a piece of tulle over the fibers and couched some yarn around the edge and then free motion stitched all over.
The “button” closure is actually an old earring that I had gotten in a big bag of junk jewelry I picked up at the flea market some time back for one dollar.
The “medallion” on the front is a sample I made a few years ago. It just so happened that the colors were a match to the cover.