Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New Embroidered Piece

I can't believe it. I have gone for weeks without posting and now I have posted 3 times in as many days. Don't get used to it though, this has to be a fluke or something. LOL!





I think the problems I was having the past couple of days with the embroidery designs is solved. I finally discovered the best stabilizer to use for these lacey designs is Sulky’s Ultra Solvy. I usually use a size 90/14 embroidery needle, but found that a size 75/11 worked better.



I tried to stitch this one yesterday twice with horrible results including stitching the design to the throat plate! What a mess. I wish I had taken a picture of that. LOL! Anyway here it is still in the hoop after it stitched out with only one problem; the bobbin thread ran out as it was getting near the end of the design. No big deal. A new bobbin and the stitching was completed.

I hate to think of all the time wasted before figuring this out, not to mention all of the thread and the different stabilizers. Oh well, how else would I figure out what works and what does not.

Here it is after rinsing away the Ultra Solvy. This one measures about 3 inches across. The color is actually closer to what you see with it in the hoop.























I do not wish to mislead anyone about these pieces. They are not my original designs. These are commercial designs that I purchased. I have the software and hardware to resize, re-color and change to my particular machine format, but I do not have any digitizing software to create my own designs.

That said, isn’t this another lovely ornament?



10 comments:

Sande said...

Yes, they ARE beautiful! You're doing a great job at learning how to do them. I especially love the snowflakes.
And aren't 'labels' great in blogger beta. Makes it worth the switch.

Sue B said...

I think these stitched designs are great!

Dianne said...

They look great and will be wonderful Christmas ornaments.

Sarah said...

Very beautiful!

The Carolina Quilter said...

How beautiful! They are so pretty!

Scrapmaker said...

These really ARE very beautiful, and I like the snowflakes too. Jen

Conni said...

Oh, you’ve been busy! I love the embroidered pieces! They are gorgeous! Makes me want to rev up the ol’ Janome…

And your postcards are lovely, too!

Cat said...

These are sooooo neat! I have no idea how this is done, but I love the way they come out! The snowflakes are out of this world!

Susan said...

I like both designs. What CD are these on? My best friend has an embroidery machine and I could get it for her. Then I could bribe her into making these, and they'd be great on my crazy quilt projects! LOL!

Miriam said...

that is why i don't buy a fancy machine with the embroidery - i am so not ready for the learning curve! glad you figured it out. i would've loved to have seen the mess too. it came out wonderfully in the end!