Monday, December 18, 2006

My Christmas Things





Not much to talk about right now, so I thought I would share some pictures of a few Christmas things I made a couple of years ago.

This is my Christmas box I made from a wood cigar box. I painted it red and decoupaged some ephemera items on it and gave it a coat of polyurethane. The window with Santa is actually an ornament I found at a local store. Sorry about the glare.














On the inside I glued a sheet of parchment paper and recycled an old Christmas card. I spelled out the word Santa with some tiles that I had. The three little cards are another item I found at the local store.














Here is a close up of the altered mint tin with Santa’s picture. I painted it red and white and glued a piece of the same parchment paper on the top, then stamped some images on the background. The Santa image is one that I had and printed out and glued on. Again, sorry for the glare that is on the bottle top 3 D piece. It says HO, HO, HO on it.






This is the inside. On the left is a piece of gold foil, with a Santa image that I printed and glued in. The right hand side is actually a little booklet I made with several Santa images.























These are machine embroidered items that I made into refrigerator magnets.













The next three pictures are the popular bowls everyone has made using Christmas fabrics. These were gifts.


























I made this snowman several years ago from a pattern in one of the quilting magazines. He measures 7 1/2 inches by 20 ½ inches, which is about half the size of the original pattern.

























And lastly is a gift box I made using one of those paper mache’ boxes and covered it with polymer clay tiles. I used black clay and colored them with Pearl Ex powders before baking. After baking, I covered it with a couple of coats of polyurethane.


16 comments:

Susan said...

I love your Santa box! I'm a box freak anyway, and have all kinds of cigar boxes with CQ supplies in them. I love the Acid Cigar boxes because they smell so wonderful. You did a great job on the cigar box and tin!

That bottom one is pretty, too.

Deb H said...

This post shows you are very versitile in your art. I like the Santa box. & especially ther polymer clay tiled bow. Very clever.

Deb Geyer said...

What fun for Christmas!

Jeri said...

Those are all really cool things! You are quite skillful with the mixed media art. :) I'm going to have to do a cigar box now... !

Kay said...

I particularly like the polymer clay box. I've never done anything with that. Is it hard? Could I fibure it out by just reading directions?

Miriam said...

oooooooooo this is gorgeous!

Dianne said...

Love your Christmas box and all the goodies inside!! The polymer clay tile box is just gorgeous!!

Granny Fran said...

Such lovely Christmas creations! I also love your embroidered ornament and snowflakes. Makes me wish I had a machine that could do that.

Karoda said...

Loving the polymer clay also! and I'm glad you shared the mint tin...I have one and I thought it would be cool to alter.

Have a peace filled holiday!

Conni said...

Love the Christmas box and its cool contents! Have a wonderful holiday!!!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

What incredible work! I especially love the gift box with the polymer tiles. Beautiful!

The Carolina Quilter said...

I especially love the Santa box as well but everything else is beautiful, too!

Scrapmaker said...

These are all beautiful, the Santa box is my favorite. Jen

MargaretR said...

I love all your work as usual Mmicki. My favourite though is the Polymer tiles box. Wow.

diva of quilts said...

How fun!!! I have oodles of those mint tins. I can't throw them away. Some I store stuff in, but what I really want to do is decorate them! Thanks for sharing yours.
laura

Ferret said...

I hadn't heard of teh Pear powders, I think I will have to have a look for them though. The box is just fantastic.