The past several weeks have been a mix of running back and forth to the dentist and doctor for one thing or another. I have even been looking at several houses which hopefully one will become the new residence for DS. He has been living in apartments for way too long and is now ready to find a house of his own.
I have been looking through some of my books and magazines for ideas for new pieces. I’ve also been going through all of my embroidery designs and listing them getting organized so I can find them easier when I want one.
This is my latest piece. It has been finished for a while; I just hadn’t gotten around to taking a photo of it before now. It measures 5 x 7 inches. Once again I am stuck for a name. I am also pondering whether to do a series or not.
I stitched two different commercial batik fabrics to a felt base. The cheesecloth is a piece that I painted. It is embellished with embroidery floss and glass beads in two sizes. This one and the piece from my last post were a learning experience and an exploration in how to finish off pieces like these.
I started with a piece of felt (for stabilization) larger than what the finished piece would be. When all embellishing was complete I then stitched a piece of fabric to the underneath. I used a matching thread and stitched in the ditch, so to speak, of the border. Next I cut a piece of mat board just a tad smaller than 5 x 7 inches for the mounting board and folded the fabric over to the back and laced in place. The excess felt was then carefully trimmed away. This probably will be mounted to a piece of foam core, but I suppose there are several ways of displaying these pieces. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
11 hours ago