Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas PC

A few weeks ago I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and make a few Christmas themed postcards. I decided that for the first couple of ones I would do Crazy Quilt style. I then proceeded to go through and pick out some designs to print on silk to use for these. At first I thought the prints were okay but after I used a couple I could see that they needed to be more intense in color.

This is the first of two.























As you can see, it isn’t overly elaborate. After I got started, I felt like that it was taking me way too long to do this. I know some of you ladies can whip these things out in no time.

This is the back side. It is printed on cardstock.


















The second one is about half finished. I sort of lost interest when it started taking more time than I thought it would. I will post it if I ever get it done. LOL!

I am also working on a beaded pin/necklace? It is coming along nicely.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card looks lovely. Don't stress the time factor - sometimes creating takes a little longer than anticipated :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great. Are you hand stitching the edges? That would definitely take longer.

sue b said...

These are terrific! Hand stitching the edges will definitely add a lot of time to them. Try a satin stitch around the edge instead.

Anonymous said...

Micki - the Season is upon us! What a pretty card!

debraspincic said...

Everything I do takes longer than I thought it would take. Sometimes I have to delay lunch until 2:00 before I can say I have met my morning deadline. but, if you do the cards in an assembly-line with one theme, they do go a bit faster.

Jeri said...

that is really pretty - I like the "crazy quilt" style. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Your CQ postcard for Christmas is quite attractive and I expecially like how you did the back like a real postcard.

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki. Everything I do takes far longer than I think it will. I like your PC, but if it does not give you pleasure, then don't do it. I've got to a stage where I don't do anything unless it gives me pleasure.
Mags

Cat said...

Yahooooo! This is great Micki! Love the Christmas colors - and the snowflake!

Anonymous said...

I like how you did the stitching around the edges:) And, have patience....

diva of quilts said...

Everything takes me longer too, but when I do postcards and other stuff by hand I can fit it in at times and places I could never if I was tied down to my machine.

Your postcards are beautiful.

Scrapmaker said...

Beautiful postcard! and I'm not at all surprised it took a long time. EVERYTHING takes longer than I think it will...Jen

Joanna van said...

Very lovely! I love your traditional santa in there. Stitch work is beautiful.

Joanna

Maureen said...

Micki
don't stress over the time factor..as long as you enjoy what you do!
I generally just heat fuse a fabric backing and use a Pigment ink calligraphy pen to address my cards.Some computer clever people print the postcard format to fabric and use that for reverse side.
Me? I'm a computer dummy :-(