I have mentioned before that I am venturing into doing something other than just art quilts. I find myself wanting to use other things than just fabric in my pieces. I have also wanted to incorporate some handwork into them.
This is something I completed a few weeks ago. As I was working on it I kept looking and trying to decide what else I could do to it. It came together fairly easily, which was kind of surprise to me. For some reason I decided to use a piece of craft felt larger than the finished size for the background piece and then I started adding pieces of fabrics. I then added some painted cheesecloth and some scrunched pieces of tulle. I placed a layer of tulle over the whole piece and did some free motion machine stitching. Next I added the metal foil pieces and the hand stitching and beads.
It is untitled as I find coming up with titles one of the harder things for me to do.
It measures 5 x 7 inches and I intend to mount it on a piece of 8 x 10 inch black foam core.
21 hours ago