Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fall is in the Air

It has been raining the past couple of days and it is cooler. I had hoped to get into my studio and create something. I thought I would get a chance yesterday, but it just didn’t happen.

Since the start of fall is not that far away, I thought I would share this photo with you. It is of a diptych piece that I made a couple of years ago using fall colors. I chose the Sherrill Kahn fabric as the focal and pulled the colors from it to use as the accents. At the present time it hangs in the kitchen/dining area.

Sorry for the poor quality of photo. I’ve played and played with this trying to make it better.

















I free motion quilted it using a different design for each section.















Each completed panel measures 18 x 22 inches. I initially made them larger so that I would be able to stretch them onto stretcher bar frames.

The top photo has been manipulated to place these pieces onto a black background. I do not have black walls. LOL!

12 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

The diptych is beautiful! I love the fall colors with that clear, cool blue sky thrown in! Very nice. I can see why you have it hanging in the dining/kitchen area where you can see it every day.

Gerrie said...

I love the play of the shapes and colors from one piece to the other. Nice work.

Karoda said...

I am so down with this piece. The colours, fabrics are great and the design has a great flow to it.

Debby said...

I love the blue, it makes me think of the crystal blue sky of a crisp Autumn day. The flow from one piece to the other is great, this is a dynamic work!

Conni said...

Great colors and design!!!

Scrapmaker said...

Beautiful piece! I so love fall colors. Jen

MargaretR said...

This is a lovely piece of quilting Micki. I love the design and colours.

Diane D. said...

It's lovely - I like the transition from one piece to the next.

joyce said...

Your colours are great. I especially like the blue. Did you dye them yourself?

Cat said...

These colors are very warming for the chill that is in the air now. It must look great in your kitchen/dining area. Nice flow to the design.

catsmum said...

I can see the second photo but all I'm getting of the first one is the dreaded red x

catsmum said...

okay came back for another look and NOW I can see the pic ... very nice