Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Blog Anniversary

It’s hard to believe but it was a year ago tomorrow that I decided to take the plunge and start my own blog. I was really apprehensive about doing it. I sort of thought that I would need to post everyday or two at least, which is sort of intimidating to someone like me who isn’t exactly a “Chatty Cathy” type person.

I am happy that I went through with it. I soon found my own “style” of blogging. The internet has made it possible for me to “meet” some wonderful people and make some cybernet friends. And as you all know, it has provided a way for us to show our work and share our thoughts.

I’ve been playing around with a few things off and on the past few weeks. There’s nothing worth sharing, at least not at this point anyway. I am getting ready to start a class online at Quilt University…Art for Quilters by Marilyn Belford. It runs for 4 weeks. Since I don’t have any formal background in art, I thought this class might be interesting for me to take.

Not to leave you empty handed, so to speak, I thought I would share this quilt with you.

I made it in 2003 and is titled “Looking the Bull Square in the Eye”.









click to enlarge










It measures 34 1/4 inches square. The quilting doesn’t show up in the first picture, but you can see it in the second one.







click to enlarge

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Your quilt is fantastic . . .I love the colors!

Deb Geyer said...

That is a great quilt!
Good job!

MargaretR said...

Happy anniversary to your blog Micki. I love the quilt. I look forward to seeing what you do on the on-line course.

Sande said...

The Bull's Eye is beautiful, esp. the color choices. And I showed my husband the way you hung the quilt. I like it a lot.

Ribbonwiz said...

Happy anniversary to your blog Micki...Your Bull's Eye quilt is lovely.
And I'm glad you did start a blog...
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.

May Britt said...

The quilt is beutiful. I love the colours.
Hugs from Norway

abeautifulcraft said...

Happy Birthday to your blog!! Love your quilt, it's lovely and the colours are stunning.

Conni said...

Happy Anniversary, Micki!

That quilt is gorgeous - love your color sense.

Karoda said...

I love the quilt but what is the secret to quilting circles. I looked for a circular foot for my machine but there isn't one.

Scrapmaker said...

Happy blogiversary! I like your quilt with its cool colors and nifty circular quilting. Jen

Elle said...

Happy Belated Blogday!

Helen M said...

Micki.......what a creative person you are. I love the quilt and your use of color. I am not a big fusing person so this class will open more doors for me. I am blogging at Helen's Happenings but am so new at it I don't have the exact address at hand. I think that should do it, tho. See you in class with Marilyn.........

diva of quilts said...

happy anniversary! it's a wonderful quilt! I love the colors and the quilting is great too.

(maybe it's getting late, I've tried three times now and can't seem to pass the word verification test)