I have completed my August journal quilt. (*note – again this is not associated with the Houston journals). This time I am killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. You may remember that I mentioned in my last post that I was getting ready to start an online class at QU. Well it just so happened that Lesson 1 pretty much was consistent with the way I did my July journal piece, so not only did I complete the lesson, but I created my August journal quilt as well. For those of you who don’t know, I have mostly been doing nature as the theme for these. For August I chose Queen Anne’s Lace as the subject.
DH was kind enough to go out into our neighbors’ field and cut some of these flowers for me. I arranged them in a jar and took a few photos, but these flowers tend to wilt fairly fast even in water and some of them where getting pretty droopy by the time I finished as you can see in the photo.
I then decided to do something Allison Aller does a lot of the time and that is I cut the flower heads off and placed them on the scanner bed, covered them with the blue fabric I painted that day I spent with Karoda and scanned them into the computer.
Blogger isn't letting me post any more photos, so I am going to try to put the rest in another post.
3 hours ago