Saturday, July 08, 2006

Roofing, Sewing and Results from Playday

DH was off this past week and so I haven’t really been able to do a whole lot. We spent 3 days putting a new roof on our shed (the one the humongous tree fell on back some time ago). Plus a lot of yard work.

I did manage to sew on 3 quilt labels the past couple of nights.

Since my day out with Karoda last week I have been contemplating on what my next endeavor into the wonderful world of “creating” will be. I went to the fabric shop and bought 2 yards of fabric for the backing for another one of my UFO’s but I know it will be awhile before I get back to working on it. I also bought Ricky Tims’ Convergence Quilts book. When I first became aware of his work, I was not all that interested in it for some reason. But now I have decided that I want to give it a try. I spent 4 hours picking out fabric. I won’t be able to start on it just yet, but hopefully within the next few weeks I will have something to show.

I also went to Hobby Lobby the other day and came home with several things including a couple of magazines with some nice eye candy in them.

Speaking of Karoda I finally took some pictures of some of the pieces I made that day.


These 2 pieces I created by spraying them first with water and then sprayed with fabric paints.







































Blogger isn't co-operating and won't let me post any more pictures, so I will try again later to finish posting.




1 comment:

Karoda said...

I know these didn't turn out like you had hoped but I like the softness of colour.