Sunday, July 09, 2006

More Playday Results




















With this piece I first got it wet, and then I scrunched it up and brushed on 2 different colors of blue and then placed it in a baggy and let it sit for about 24 hours before taking it out and laying it out to dry.
















This is a piece of commercial fabric that looks like a hand dye (but isn’t). I really was just playing around with this one. I used a sponge to stamp it with gold paint and then I used a small foam stamp to get the lavender image. I am thinking of using the same stamp to go back and emboss the design and some embellishing then cut them apart and use them in another piece.

These are pieces of painted cheesecloth:




































And this is the rag I was using to clean up with:
















Looks interesting, don’t you think?

10 comments:

Conni said...

Your painted and stamped fabric pieces are beautiful and that cleaning rag is yummy!

Deb H said...

They are lovely. The embossing sounds interesting. I've only ever embossed on paper.I can't wait to see how you do it!

The Lone Beader said...

I love the 2 different blues. Nice tie-dye effect.

Cat said...

Very good rusults with these, how fun. The first blue/green piece looks like a forest to me.
I've been wanting to incorporate some cheesecloth into my work, but haven't yet (thanks for the reminder). Have a good day, Cat

jenclair said...

Love the pink cloud of cheesecloth! Even the clean up rag is quite nice...all in all, a huge success.

Sarah said...

Lovely! I haven't tried cheesecloth yet, thanks for the inspiration!

Karoda said...

The cheese cloth is chasing my heart...I love painted cheese cloth...its great for creating texture.

Gerrie said...

Love the cheese cloth and clean-up rags can be very lovely!

Anne said...

The first time I painted fabric, I loved my clean up rags the best! Now, I make sure I always have plenty of clean up rags on hand before I start painting! Love your pieces...makes me want to go to the basement and get the paints out!

Elle said...

Love them! Experiments are always fun!