I finally got around to getting the new printer out of the box and set up. It took a little while as I figured I might as well do a little straightening up and dusting while I was at it. LOL. Once I got that done I did some fine tuning of some quilt labels I had composed in PSP8. I had purchased some time ago some of the cotton and silk fabric sheets for inkjet printers, so I gave it a try of printing on one of the cotton sheets. I clipped the corners of the leading edge and placed the sheet in the printer. The sheet went in okay but once it was in, it got caught and couldn’t advance and the first labels got messed up. I turned the sheet around to print from the other end and the same thing happened again. So I got a second sheet, cut a little bit bigger pieces off of the corners and tried again. The sheet still wanted to jam but this time I was able to keep it from doing so and got the first set of labels printed. I then set up for the second set and printed those with just the slightest of problems. The page sort of got crooked as it fed through but the labels still came out okay. The problem seems to just be with the fabric sheets, because I didn’t have any problems printing on regular paper. I will just have to pay particular attention when I am printing on those fabrics so as not to waste any more if possible.
During the past week I have worked on and off on another of my UFO’s. I started this one about two years ago. I apologize for the crappy picture. The prints in this seem to make the photo fuzzy. I call it:
It's A Jungle Out There
I was going to post a couple more pictures, but as you probably have discovered yourself, Blogger is being a big PITA and won't let me.
You can’t see it, but I did free-motion quilting around the animals in each block. I did stitch in the ditch around all of the blocks also.
I also quilted a vine in the border.
I had everything done except the binding. I normally do the usual double fold with mitered corners, but I decided to cut the backing fabric so that I could double fold it over to the front to create the binding. I figured since this is a wall hanging it would be okay to do it that way. I still have to make a hanging sleeve and stitch it on along with the label. Then I will be able to say I have one less UFO in the pile.