Thursday, May 11, 2006

Recent Events...sort of

It’s been raining off and on the past several days and the temp has been just a little on the cool side staying in the mid to upper 60’s mostly. I have been contemplating on what to do for my May journal. I decided on a subject, but have been tossing around a few ideas as to how I will go about making it. I spent a couple of hours yesterday messing around with an image in Paint Shop Pro and even though it turned out okay, I decided against it as it would involve using a lot of ink to print it and I need to conserve my ink for other things. I am not going to say right now what I decided to do but I did work on it some today. I will wait for the reveal later this month.

Last weekend we had visitors. When I got back from the grocery store Saturday, DH told me that our son had called and said he was coming for a visit and planning on spending the night. Last Saturday happened to be the Kentucky Derby and the weather was gorgeous that day. Our son lives in an apartment and he said that everyone around there would be having derby parties and if he went home that night he would have no where to park, thus his reason for wanting to spend the night. I didn’t mind except that he has a dog and I knew there was no way he was going to spend the night and leave Sassy at home. It’s not that I don’t like dogs. I do, as I have mentioned that I have had dogs. It’s just that she is not always well behaved and I don’t like having her in the house. So DS said that he would bring his tent and pitch it in the yard and sleep there. Imagine my surprise when he got here and not only did he have Sassy with him but this little fellow as well:


















This is Brutus and just turned 7 weeks old.


This is Sassy, Brutus’ foster mom.

















Brutus stays with Sassy quite a bit, though he’s not afraid to go off and explore on his own, but Sassy keeps a pretty good eye on him.

We had a good day. We cooked out on the grill and played with the dogs and by evening Brutus was pretty much tuckered out.


















And so were we.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Aaaaw, the puppy is adorable!

MargaretR said...

I love pups, like children, such a pity they have to grow up. :>)