Thursday, May 04, 2006

May 4, 2006

Even though this is posted as of May 4, I wrote this on May 3rd, blogger was acting up again. The only thing I’ve done that involves any kind of sewing since my last post, was to finish a UFO (except for the label). I spent some time in the morning reading the blogs and surfing the net gathering some ideas and info for possible future projects. The afternoon (3 hours) was spent mowing grass using both the push mower and the rider (we have one and a quarter acres to mow).

Tuesday I actually did some housework! I should be doing more gardening, but I’m using the rain (which has been an on and off thing) as an excuse of not doing much just yet.

I’ve got a couple of ideas for my May journal, but probably won’t start just quite yet. Even though I have a room full of all kinds of art supplies, fabrics and enough books and magazines to start a small library I still sometimes cannot get motivated to do any thing. I think deep down I feel a little guilty when it comes to wanting to start something new when there are more than a dozen UFO’s laying around needing to be worked on. I tell myself that I will get around to them sooner or later, but we all know how that goes. I get bored or tired or frustrated with a project and that’s when it gets put aside; then before I can make myself get back to it, I’ve gotten an idea for some new thing.

I’m not going to rattle on any more right now as it is getting very late, but I will give you something for your viewing pleasure before signing off.

I took these pictures about a week or so ago and never got around to posting them.

This is a small flower bed near the back of the property. This is probably the best it will look all summer. This bed sort of gets neglected some since it is at the back. The pink flowers are bleeding hearts and the tall green stalks will later die down and then the lovely pink (flowers on a stick; I forget their real name) will bloom.


click on any pic to see larger image















Here’s another view:















This is another picture of the Purple Smoke Tree that was in a picture that I previously posted. It is just starting to sprout branches that will eventually make the tree about 18 feet or so tall. Right now it is about 7 or 8 feet tall.





















I will post another picture of this in a few weeks to show the difference.

No comments: