Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Another Rainy Day.....

and my mind has been going a hundred miles an hour while my body has been going only about ten miles an hour. There are so many things that I want/need to do, but I can’t seem to get into the “pedal to the metal” mode.

I am still working on my journal piece for May a little at a time, but yesterday I did work on something else. I still feel guilty from time to time about all of the UFO’s laying around and all of the art supplies I have accumulated over the past few years. I have been trying to work on some of them (or at least have been thinking about working on some of them).

Anyway, I remembered a small piece (standard paper size), that I had worked on last fall that was in the UFO pile. It started out looking pretty interesting with some nice texture to it, but then after I painted it I was not happy with it and laid it aside. Well I decided to cut it up and make some ATC’s from it. I was able to get 9 of them from it. Seeing the colors in smaller sections I decided that it wasn’t so bad after all. All I did was stitch some wild yarn around the edges and added some letters to spell out three words.

Here they are:
































I could have added more to them such as beads or gold foil or what have you, but I want to save those things for other projects. And now I can feel a little less guilty knowing that this is one less UFO in the pile.

*note----I forgot to mention that I consider these as a series and that I gave them the name "Second Chance" #1-9 because of my taking the original work and cutting it up and giving it new life.



4 comments:

MargaretR said...

I love your ATC's and I know exactly what you mean about your mind going at 100 miles an hour and the body only 10. I'm in the same mode.

Julaine said...

What a brave soul you must be to cut, cut, cut - congratulations on stepping out of your own box, and creating some incredible art!!!

jenclair said...

Love 'em! Bright, cheerful, and fun...I love second chances.

Michelle said...

They are very pretty. I love them. The yarn is PERFECT! :)