Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter

Thought I would wish everyone a Happy Easter now as I probably won't be posting again before Sunday.

Things are warming up around here and I have been doing yard work off and on (though not as much as I really should have by now). I thought I would share a few more photos of what spring is looking like around my neck of the woods.

(click on any picture to see larger image)




















This is our redbud tree located on the left side of the front of our property as you look toward the street we live on. I don’t know why my photos look so crappy here; they looked good in my photo editing software. Oh well anyway………..
















This Japanese Red Maple is in the middle of the front yard. That is Candytuft growing underneath it. I had ferns and Caladiums in that bed also last year………














These are some of the new plants for this year that are going under the Japanese red maple. On the left are Blue Spruce sedum (something new to me). There is also one English Ivy plant and one of two Candytuft plants. On the right are Coral Bells (Plum Pudding). Actually I bought two ivy plants and they are going into the planter pictured below to fill in where a couple have died out.




















This is one end of a large flower garden to the right side of the house. As you can see, a lot of things have started to pop up again. That thing in the middle that looks like it’s dead is a Smokebush. It’s not dead and when it starts sprouting new limbs, it gets to be about 18 feet tall or so. We cut the limbs back each fall. The statue is of St. Fiacre.





This is the other end of the flower bed. That is a climbing rose in the background coming up inside of the garden tower. It is thornless and gets pretty pink roses on it. I also have an Iceberg rose bush in this area which has white roses.

The little pond that you saw in my last post is in the middle of this bed. We are in the process of cleaning it up from the mess from fall and winter.















Well it is getting late (actually later than the post states; it's 12:30 am April 15)
and I am going to get off of here and get ready for bed.

3 comments:

Deb R said...

You must be just a couple of days ahead of us on things budding out. Our redbuds are showing color, but aren't yet in full bloom.

I enjoyed your photos!

Deb H said...

Makes me long for spring & gardening. We had another snow fall today, though it's sunny & bright this evening. We won't be planting much this year because we have rock work we need to get done on our new addition 1st before we plant the yard. we used to have a nice yard. Construction decimated all my garden.
Thanks for the comment on the quilt, I only quilted it though, another lady made the top.

Rayna said...

Sigh...the woods behind our house are just getting buds, but it is still too cool for me! Love looking at your flowering trees.