I only took these 2 pictures because once we got into the actual mixing of the dyes I was too busy and didn’t want to handle the camera.
We choose two primary colors to use that when mixed would create a third color. We dyed a total of three yards of fabric which we had cut into six pieces. I chose fuchsia and turquoise as my primary colors and dyed a piece of fabric in each of those two colors. Then we mixed these colors to create shades in between and dyed the other pieces.
I let the fabrics batch until about noon today then I went through the rinsing and wash out process. And then there was the drying and ironing process.
It was a cold and cloudy day, so I only took photos of three pieces this afternoon.
I could not get a good photo of this piece for some reason. I tried three times and it just does not show as well as the other two.
I really like how this piece turned out.
This was a very informative class for me. We even had left over dye that we brought home. Mine is in the fridge for now. When the weather warms up, maybe I will attempt to dye some more fabric.
Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and there will be more light to take pictures of the rest of the fabrics.