Saturday, February 04, 2006

Close, But Not To Be

I went on a bit of a road trip today. Actually it was 400 miles - round trip. My son ordered a bed cover for his truck and since it was so costly to have it shipped, he decided he would just drive there and have them install it for him. He asked his dad if he wanted to go with him, but to be honest, DH is not the best with directions or reading a road map. So I was invited to go and be the navigator.

It took 3 hours to get there with a brief pit stop and no wrong turns (but it should have been closer to 3 ½ hours, but someone has a lead foot). The cover was installed in less than half an hour! Then it was back on the road again to return home. Or at least it was suppose to be. I made a slight miscalculation getting back onto the parkway and we drove about ten miles in the wrong direction before we realized it.


This little miscalculation brought me to being within less than ten miles from the Museum of the American Quilter’s Society in Paducah, Kentucky. I live in Kentucky and I have never been to the Quilt Show or the Museum. Did I get to go today? No! We were sort of on a tight time schedule, so even though I was that close I did not press to go there. So we got turned around and headed back home with no other little mishaps.

*Note, this was actually on Friday, February 3rd. I posted this late last night, but for some reason it must not have posted. I know that blogger has been having some problems.

2 comments:

Pat/SWquilter said...

I'm going home (southern Illinois) for a week in June for my brother's oldest daughter's wedding - and I've never been to the Museum in Paducah either - want to meet me there one day to see it?? I almost always manage a trip to Hancock's in Paducah while I'm home, but usually have had either my mom before she passed away with me and her arthritis didn't lend itself to exploring museums or had some non-quilter in tow and it just seemed like too much to ask them to do Hancock's and the Museum with me.

Karoda said...

Micki, if I can plan ahead I would love to make a day trip with you in the summer or fall. its also an ambition to take a weeklong workshop at MAQS. :) Just let me know...are you aware of the Art Quilt exhibit in Berea this coming August? there are suppose to be workshops but they have yet to be posted on Berea's website.