Wednesday, January 18, 2006

No Quilts, But There Is Some Art

You may recall that I signed up for the Journal Quilt Challenge 2006. The January reveals are coming up this weekend. Mine has been finished for awhile but I will wait until then to post a picture.

I haven’t worked on any other quilt related projects as of late. Since the holidays, I have been so obsessed with getting an idea and turning it into January’s journal page that I just haven’t felt like committing to doing anything. I really need to clean up my art room but I keep coming up with excuses not to start just yet.

Well I know how you all love to see pictures of art of one sort or another, so I thought I would post a couple from a paper journal I started a couple of years ago.


These are just your basic painted backgrounds with magazine/catalog pictures collaged onto the page.































Well, as you can see by the time that it is quite late and I need to get my butt in the bed.

2 comments:

Scrapmaker said...

Lovely (paper) journal pages.
Keeping a sketch book/journal is so great for artistic inspiration.
Jen

Linda said...

Great ideas on your paper journals. My dd24 loves to do this also.