Monday, December 05, 2005

Bah Humbug

I know it’s been awhile since my last post, I just really haven’t had anything interesting to blog about. I keep having these bouts of ups and downs lately and as much as I would like to blame it on hormones, I really don’t think that is it.

I think it has more to do with the fact that I just have not been very creative lately. I am still suffering from some sort of “block”. The upcoming holidays aren’t exactly helping either. I used to always look forward to the season, but the past couple of years I have noticed that I don’t seem to enjoy it as much as I used to. I don’t want to bore you with a bunch of stuff that you don’t really want to read about and so I won’t.

Just so you know, I have been reading the blogs and even occasionally leaving a comment or two. I am amazed at just how much work some of you are creating and I love seeing everyone’s art.

So you don’t go away empty handed I thought I would post a picture of this wall hanging. I made it in a class I took at the quilt shop a few years ago. As you can see it is based on a Cindy Walters snippet piece. It measures 22 inches square.




4 comments:

Deb R said...

The wallhanging is pretty, Micki.

I can tell you aren't sleeping well, as your post is time-stamped at 1:00 AM!! Hope you start feeling creative again soon. I know all-too-well how it feels to be in a slump.

Becky said...

I really like the wreath. Don't worry, the creativity bug will come back!

Micki said...

thanks, Becky. couldn't find an email for you. I'm really not looking to do much of anything till after the first of the year.

Rayna said...

I know what you mean about no creativity -- I can't seem to do anything that isn't mindless. But eventually, it will all come percolating to the surface. Just hang in there -- everything cycles.
Meantime, enjoy the holiday season.