Friday, December 30, 2005

And So It Goes....

Today (actually looking at the time it was yesterday) I took down the indoor Christmas decorations. The tree is still up and probably will not come down until New Years Day. (It’s a tradition for me, don’t know why but it is). Also the outdoor decorations still need to come down when ever we get to it and weather permitting.

I have committed myself to the Journal Quilt Challenge 2006 (see sidebar for link). I’m thinking now that maybe I just need to be committed. I have been going round and round with myself trying to come up with something to do. I thought I had an idea that would carry me through the whole year, but after making a couple of patterns and really taking a hard look at it and thinking about the technique involved, I think this idea needs to be done in a larger format than the challenge size (at least by me anyway). So now I am thinking that more than likely I will just go with the spontaneous, whatever hits me mode. Anyway, now I am meeting more people through blogs and getting to see more art, quilts and whatever else pops up. Which also means I am spending more time in front of the computer instead of more time in my studio.

What’s a girl to do?

In case I don’t get back on here for a bit I’d like to wish everyone a


Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It's good to have a committment to meet, keeps you focused. So you're off to a good start for 2006.Wish I could say the same.