Sunday, November 06, 2005

What I've Been Doing, Again

Don't have any pictures to post, but thought I'd let you know what I've been up to this past week. Earlier in the week I worked off and on, on the Day at the Lake quilt trying to finish up block # 3 (see earlier post below). I also spent several hours for two days doing yard work, trying to get things in shape before winter. Still not completely finished.

We have several huge pine trees bordering one front corner of our property which means we have to pick up the ton of pine cones that drop around this time of the year plus rake tons of pine needles and move to the back of the yard. We did some of this yesterday and then got to do it again today because we had a lot of wind last night that blew down more pine cones and hopefully the last of the needles. And that doesn't even include the tons and tons of leaves that have to be dealt with also. We also mowed grass.

And last but not least, today DH decided he wanted to cut down yet another tree near the back of the property, which entails me cutting all the smaller branches up into even smaller pieces to be burned later. He cuts up the larger parts of the tree and stacks it near the little gravel road that runs right beside the property and lets anyone who wants it take it. This was probably about the 20th or so tree he has cut down and he ain't done yet! He still has several more in mind to cut down and I am telling you this is a lot of work, especially when your yard is hilly and you have to walk back and forth from one side to the other a hundred times. We had a big storm last summer that blew down half of a humongous tree and landed on top of our garden shed. I'm talking a tree with a trunk so big that I could not ever begin to get my arms around it. This was a major mess to clean up and the tree was actually from the neighbors property.

Anyway that's what I have been up to and will be doing more of this next week. I have been playing around with an idea for another art piece, but haven't gotten very far with it.

2 comments:

Conni said...

Hi Micki,

Glad to see you posted today. I was just about to send you an e-mail to make sure you and your family were safe from the tornado...

Micki said...

Conni,
Thanks for your concern. Yes we are fine and a lot luckier than all those other unfortunate people. In fact, I slept through what little bit of those storms that passed through this area.