Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Not My Usual Self

I want to apologize for not having written much of anything lately. I have been in a big blue funk lately and just have not been able to do much of anything. I am also having some female problems and went to the gynocologist yesterday which wasn't a pleasant experience. It seems I am getting close to starting menopause, but at the moment my hormones are out of whack and so she started me on some medication to help balance things out. Anyone out there taking Prometrium? It seems one of the side effects is drowsiness and right now I am feeling so out of it I just want to go lie down and sleep for ever. I hate to take any medication. I could never take Pamprin when I was having bad cramps because it always wiped me out. I hope that this will be a temporary thing because I really miss trying to go to my studio and create stuff. I have to go in January for some further tests and I am not really sure how I feel about that.

I realize I am just rambling on and I really should give in and go to bed, but I had to take the time to read through my usual blogs. I figure if I am not able to create something, I can at least try to keep up with everyone else and check out what you all have been up to. I love seeing every one elses' work. I hope you guys will continue to check in on my blog and I promise I will try to post something more interesting soon. I just want to thank everyone who has been visiting my blog. You guys are the greatest!

I am now going to sign off and go to bed.

4 comments:

Karoda said...

Good morning Micki, I hope your funk washes away soon. I don't mind experiencing them sometimes as I think funks are a part of the ups and downs of living, but when they linger much too long, its such a heavy feeling that robs one of joy and balance. Hangeth in,

Cathy said...

Not to worry, we all go through spells of exhaustion. Take care of yourself. Having been there, done that, I can say from my experience, this is one of the hardest times. My body didn't feel like it belonged to me anymore.

Deb R said...

That sucks Micki. I hope they get your hormone levels evened out soon so you feel better. Take care of yourself.

Debra Spincic said...

Is there any way that you can go without the medicine? Have you tried any of the herbs? I tried Cohosh and had great results.