Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good Weekend and the Moon

Over the weekend I attended a meeting of a fairly new art quilt group and I got to meet our very own Karoda from Seamless Skin. She is the one who told me about the group and invited me to come. After a short time for eating and chatting and taking care of the necessary business came Show and Tell. It was wonderful to see every ones work and hear about the process of making the pieces. I especially liked being able to see Karoda’s pieces. I took several small pieces and received some nice compliments. I hope to attend their next meeting.

Here are a couple of the pieces I showed.

This one is from a few years ago. It is from an online class that I took.


















Under the Sea I

I made this one this year from another online class.















In The Forest

On another note, I took these Sunday night even though tonight is the official night of the full moon.

They were taken over a period of about 5 or 6 minutes.














By the time I thought to take some tonight it was really cloudy and kind of windy, but thought these were kind of neat.

5 comments:

Deb R said...

Love the moon photos!

Cathy said...

Micki
For some reason your first two photos aren't showing up for me. I'd love to see what you shared.

Debra Spincic said...

I like your new profile photo! Do you do paper art too? I am just getting into some Zines and did a swap.

Karoda said...

Hi Micki, for any of the up-coming meetings, let me know if you want to go to any of the quilt stores or either to Mary Craik's gallery before or after.

Jo Griffith said...

Love the pics and the quilts.
Keep up the good work!