Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sketching and New ATC's

Can you believe this. I actually did some sketching a few evenings ago (me, the one who said she can't draw). In fact, I did twenty little sketches. I couldn’t believe how easy it was once I got going. I just kept getting one little design idea after another. Right now I am making these into ATC’s, but several of these have the potential for being used in a larger format. Working in such a small format makes it fairly quick to see if something is worth pursuing further, and it has been giving me a lot of practice with my free-motion embroidery.

Here are 3 of them:










WILD Flowers 1




















WILD Flowers 2


















WILD Flowers 3

7 comments:

gabrielle said...

Micki, these are wonderful. I love the simplicity. I can see you doing one these larger...wow.

Scrapmaker said...

These are lovely. Jen

Debra Spincic said...

great little pieces! Would look cool as patches on something else--maybe a vest or a totebag??

Cathy said...

Very nice, I like the simplicity and the colors

jenclair said...

Love them! Love the colors and the detail. Since you made 20 sketches, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Micki said...

thank you everyone for your nice comments. more to come!

PaMdora said...

Really like that top one. Very interesting shapes.