My Katrina quilt is on its way!
I thought I would post the ATC’s I was working on last week before I started on the Katrina quilt. Recently I have been using ATC’s as a way of experimenting with different techniques and supplies. I find the small venue a little difficult to work with sometimes, but it is a quick way to find out if something works or not.
I was experimenting with oil pastels and crayons. This was my first time using the pastels. I made my rubbings from rubber stamps. The directions for the oils said to let sit for 48 hours to dry thoroughly. I said the heck with that and pressed with a hot iron between brown paper after about 30 minutes. It seems fine.
This is the oil pastel:
The other two were made using crayons.
The leaf colors should have been darker to show up better on the light background. I guess the next time I need to press a little harder.
Now I need to get back to some UFO’s (yeah right) and give some thought as to what to start next.
19 minutes ago